Incorrect DIR Listing with Personics Ultravision (78422)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q78422
According to Personics, Ultravision customers must obtain a new directory
expander for Ultravision to be compatible with MS-DOS 5.0 and later.
All versions of Personics Ultravision may cause problems when using
the MS-DOS DIR command. Ultravision is a terminate-and-stay-resident
(TSR) utility that changes the colors of filenames in a directory
listing. The problems may include, but are not limited to, the
• Two or more files listed on the first line of the default listing
and a blank second line.
• A blank second line appearing during a wide listing.
• Incorrect use of the Ultravision color setup.
The product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: