Incompatible COMMAND.COM with Solomon III Versions Before 7.0 (78444)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q78444
According to TLB Solomon, when using Solomon III Accounting Software
version 5.0 or 6.0 with MS-DOS 5.0 or later, the following error message
may be displayed:
This error can be corrected by editing the SOLOMON.BAT file that comes
with the software.
Solomon III versions 6.0 and earlier are launched by the SOLOMON.BAT
file. For proper operation with MS-DOS 5.0, two lines must be deleted
from the SOLOMON.BAT file located in the \ACCT\PROG subdirectory.
To modify the SOLOMON.BAT file, do the following:
• Back up the SOLOMON.BAT file.
• Using MS-DOS Editor or another text editor, delete the following
lines from the SOLOMON.BAT file:
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO END
• Save the file and run SOLOMON.BAT.
Solomon III versions 7.0 or later use a SOLOMON.INI file that replaces
the SOLOMON.BAT file from earlier versions.
TLB Solomon recommends using Solomon III Accounting Software version
7.1 with MS-DOS 5.0.
Solomon III and 7.0 and MS-DOS 5.0 SOLOMON.INI
The product included here, Solomon III, is manufactured by vendors
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding this product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: