NEC 80286 APC4 Is Not Supported by MS-DOS 5.x & 6.x (78458)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q78458
According to NEC, MS-DOS 5.0 and later do not work on the NEC PowerMate
80286 APC4. The APC4 is an old machine that was designed to run MS-DOS
versions up to and including version 3.2.
NOTE: Some customers have been able to get MS-DOS 5.0 and later to work
on the APC4 by upgrading their BIOS to version 3.07. However, NEC does
not support this setup because it is may not be stable.
The NEC products included here are manufactured by vendors independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these
products' performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: