Xerox XC 6060 Computer Hangs with MS-DOS ANSI.SYS (78590)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q78590
Xerox has confirmed that when attempting to load ANSI.SYS from Microsoft MS-
DOS Upgrade on a XEROX XC 6060 8086 computer, the system may hang or have
screen scrolling difficulties.
To boot successfully or to correct screen problems, add the /S parameter to
the ANSI.SYS line in the CONFIG.SYS file.
The XEROX xc 6060 computer screen may have difficulties performing the
clear screen (CLS) function and with displaying a scrolling directory.
To fix this behavior, Xerox recommends using the following syntax for
ANSI.SYS in the CONFIG.SYS file:
The /S parameter for ANSI.SYS is an undocumented switch that will
force the display into 25-line mode.
The Xerox xc 6060 computer is essentially the same computer as the ATT
• For more information query on the following words:
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: