Acer /M: 1100 Switch Only for 1-MB Acer Machines (78657)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q78657
According to Acer, the /MACHINE:6 or ACER1100 switch described on page 611
of the version 5.0 "Microsoft MS-DOS User's Guide and Reference" should
only be used for an Acer 1100/16 computer with 1 MB of RAM (384K of
extended memory). These computers, which can only contain 384K of extended
memory on the motherboard, are now discontinued.
All Acer 1100 computers with 2 MB or more of RAM should use HIMEM A20
For more information, contact Acer technical support.
The Acer products included here are manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these
products' performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: