PRINTQ Version 4.0 Requires STACKS Statement (78720)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q78720
Running MS-DOS 5.0 or later with Software Directions Incorporated's
PRINTQ version 4.0 may produce the following error message:
Internal Stack Overflow
To resolve this error, use the STACKS command in the CONFIG.SYS file.
PrintQ is a terminate-and-stay-resident (TSR) print spooler that intercepts
data being sent from applications to the parallel and serial ports.
Software Directions Incorporated states that you should add the following
line to the CONFIG.SYS file to resolve the above problem:
The product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: