IBM PCJr Incompatible with MS-DOS 5.0 and Later (79250)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q79250
IBM has confirmed that the PCJr will not operate properly with Microsoft MS-
DOS 5.0 or later.
A symptom of above incompatibility is the following error message that
may be displayed during the MS-DOS 5.00 setup routine:
Due to the architecture of the IBM PCjr, only MS-DOS versions 2.1
through MS-DOS 3.3 are considered compatible with the IBM PCjr series
Note: The IBM PCjr can only access a maximum of 640K. To use as much
of the 640K as possible, IBM suggests you not use any version of
MS-DOS later than 3.3.
The product included here, the IBM PCjr, is manufactured by vendors
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding this product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: