Upgrading MS-DOS 5.0 Over Stacker with STACDOS5.BAT (79533)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
This article was previously published under Q79533
STAC Electronics has provided a self-extracting file (SD0S5.EXE) on their
bulletin board that can be used to automatically upgrade MS-DOS 5.0 for use
Stacker version 2.0 includes a .BAT (batch) that automatically upgrades
MS-DOS 5.0. If you have an earlier version of Stacker, you can use the
SDOS5.EXE file to achieve the same results.
To upgrade MS-DOS 5.0 with SD0S5.EXE, do the following:
• Download the SDOS5.EXE file from STAC Electronics bulletin board
• Execute the SDOS5.EXE file. It creates three files:
• Copy the three files created with the SDOS5.EXE file to the STACK
directory on the compressed (STACKER) volume.
• Execute the STACDOS5.BAT file. Follow the instructions on the
screen to upgrade to MS-DOS 5.0.
The STAC products included here are manufactured by a vendor independent
of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these
products' performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: