Desklink Compatibility with MS-DOS 5.0 or Later (79806)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q79806
Traveling Software has confirmed that older versions of their Desklink
file sharing utility may cause system hangs or prevent the DIR (directory)
command from operating properly.
Customers with earlier versions of Desklink should contact Traveling
Software to upgrade to version 2.21d or later.
Desklink is a file sharing utility that runs as a terminate-and-stay-
resident (TSR) program. While running Desklink and MS-DOS 5.0 or later,
the DIR command may not work and may cause the computer to hang.
The product included here, Desklink, is manufactured by vendors
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding these product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: