Windows Setup Err Msg: Sector Not Found Reading Drive X (85441)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Windows 3.1
• Microsoft Windows 3.11
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
This article was previously published under Q85441
3.10 3.11 | 6.00 6.20 6.21
WINDOWS | MS-DOS
kbsetup kberrmsg kbhw
When you attempt to run the MS-DOS, Windows, or Windows for Workgroups
Setup program, the following error message is displayed:
where X is the floppy drive letter.
The MS-DOS DIR and CHKDSK commands run successfully without errors on the
Your high density floppy disk drive is incorrectly configured as a low
density drive in your machine's CMOS setup.
To correct this problem, reconfigure the machine's CMOS settings.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: