Mouse Installation for AST Premium Exec 386/25 Color Notebook (86239)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 8.x
• Microsoft Mouse driver for MS-DOS 9.0
• Microsoft IntelliPoint software 1.0
This article was previously published under Q86239
According to AST, to use a serial or PS/2 mouse on an AST Premium Exec
386/25 Color Notebook computer, you must enter the correct settings for the
mouse in the AST system setup Mouse Connect= line. By default, the Mouse
Connect= line is blank.
AST specifies two ways to make changes to the AST system setup: the first
method uses the AST Utility disk, the second method does not.
To make changes to the AST system setup with the AST Utility disk, do the
• Place the AST Utility disk in drive A and type setup.
• Move to the Mouse Connect= line.
• Select "Keypad" for PS/2 mouse or "SerialPort" for serial mouse.
• Press F3 to exit, and choose Yes to save changes.
• Reboot the computer.
To make changes to the AST system setup without the AST Utility disk, do
• Turn the computer off.
• Turn the computer back on, and press and hold the CTRL+ALT keys
while pressing the P key repeatedly until the message "To Access
Setup, Press CTRL+ALT+ESC." is displayed.
• Press CTRL+ALT+ESC to enter the AST setup program.
• Continue with steps 2-5 listed in the first procedure above.
The AST product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent
of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: