COMMAND.COM Corrupted or Missing on a DoubleSpace Drive (90682)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
This article was previously published under Q90682
If you are using DoubleSpace and the COMMAND.COM file cannot be found,
your system is not bootable.
To work around this problem:
• Start the system from MS-DOS 6.0 Setup Disk 1.
• Exit Setup by pressing the F3 function key twice. The DoubleSpace
drive should now be available.
• Copy the DBLSPACE.BIN file to the root directory of drive C as
copy dblspace.bin c:\
• Remove the setup disk from drive A and restart the computer.
MS-DOS Setup Disk 1 contains DBLSPACE.BIN. When you start MS-DOS from
drive A and the disk in drive A contains DBLSPACE.BIN, the DoubleSpace
drive becomes accessible as if you started the system from drive C.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: