Secure PC May Prevent HIMEM.SYS from Loading (93166)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 5.0a
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q93166
If you try to load HIMEM.SYS onto a system that contains Secure PC by
Hughes Data systems, HIMEM.SYS may be unable to load.
Secure PC sets up a secure area on the hard disk drive that contains
the files loaded during startup. To load HIMEM.SYS or any other system
file in the CONFIG.SYS file, the configuration update program from
Secure PC must be run in order to transfer HIMEM.SYS or the system
files to the secure area so that it can load.
To transfer HIMEM.SYS into the secure area, it is recommended that
customers contact Hughes Data Systems.
Secure PC is manufactured by Hughes Data Systems, a vendor independent
of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding
this product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: