SETVER Table Entries Are Not Maintained When Upgrading (94333)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q94333
If you do not install MS-DOS 6 or later Upgrade in the current MS-DOS
directory, your old SETVER entries are not maintained.
When you install MS-DOS Upgrade, Setup updates the current version table
(maintained in SETVER.EXE). If you install MS-DOS Upgrade in a new
directory, Setup cannot update the old version table.
When you install MS-DOS Upgrade to your existing MS-DOS directory, Setup
updates your existing SETVER.EXE version table. When updating SETVER.EXE,
Setup does not overwrite exiting entries, even if the new setver table
contains a different version. For example, if your SETVER.EXE table has a
NETX.EXE 5.00 entry, MS-DOS 6.2 Upgrade Setup does not replace it with the
new default for NETX.EXE (which is NETX.EXE 6.00).
To work around this problem:
• Update the new SETVER.EXE file, adding the entries that your
• Uninstall MS-DOS and reinstall MS-DOS Upgrade in the original MS-DOS
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: