MemMaker Cannot Process Files with More Than 511 Lines (94377)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q94377
If your CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, or SYSTEM.INI file has 512 or more
lines, MemMaker displays the following error message:
To work around this problem, exit MemMaker, reduce the size of the
file that is causing the error, and restart MemMaker.
You can use MS-DOS Editor to determine the length of a text file. For
• Start MS-DOS Editor and load a text file such as AUTOEXEC.BAT. For
example, type the following and press ENTER:
• Press CTRL+END.
The number of lines in the text file is displayed in the
lower-right corner of the screen.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: