Err Msg: MSBACKUP Program Files Must Be Located on Hard Disk (94384)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q94384
If you try to run Microsoft Backup from a floppy disk to restore files
to a hard disk drive, the following error message is displayed:
MSBACKUP program files must be located on your hard disk.
You cannot start MSBACKUP from a floppy disk.
To restore files to a hard disk drive that does not have MS-DOS version 6.0
or later installed, use the following steps:
• Insert Disk 1 of the MS-DOS 6.0 or later disk set in your floppy disk
drive. Type setup/m and press ENTER to
install a minimal installation.
• Remove Disk 1 from your floppy disk drive and restart the computer.
• Replace Disk 1, type setup/e to install
You can now run Microsoft Backup from the DOS subdirectory and restore
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: