MemMaker: Order of Entries in the CONFIG.SYS File (94555)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q94555
MemMaker always modifies the CONFIG.SYS file so that the entries are
in the following order:
[Everything else in the same order it was already in]
The <setting> and <settings> are determined by MemMaker for each you
specific installation and configuration.
MemMaker does not have a feature that allows drivers load before any
of those listed above. If there is a problem with a specific driver
that needs to be loaded before the above lines, that driver may not function until you manually edit the CONFIG.SYS file and move the driver to where it belongs.
To work around this problem:
• Edit the CONFIG.SYS file and comment out (REM) the device driver
you are having problems with.
• Run MemMaker.
• Edit the CONFIG.SYS file and remove "REM" from the device driver.
• Return the device driver to its previous location.
NOTE: If the memory configuration that MemMaker created changes when
you follow this procedure, you must manually optimize your
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: