MSD Err Msg: Error Writing Bad File Number (94815)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q94815
When you try to print a Microsoft Diagnostics (MSD) report, you receive the
following error message:
This error occurs when one of the following conditions exists:
• You try to print to an inactive port.
• You try to print to a port that is configured for the incorrect bit
• The printer has insufficient memory.
• You load Central Point Software's VWATCH anti-virus terminate-and-stay-
resident (TSR) program before the Compact Autoswitch CASTR TSR program
in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file.
To work around this problem, use the appropriate method below:
• Print to an active port.
• Use MODE to set the correct bit rate for the port.
• Use MODE to set the port for an infinite retry as follows:
• Load VWATCH after CATSR in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: