Brooklyn Bridge Installation Changes CONFIG.SYS File (95818)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q95818
If you use an MS-DOS multiple configuration menu, your CONFIG.SYS file
becomes scrambled when you install Brooklyn Bridge version 3.5.
Installing Brooklyn Bride on a system using a multiple configuration
menu results in the following:
• All blank lines are removed.
• A screen dump (both character and attributes) is inserted into the
middle of the CONFIG.SYS file.
• DEVICE=BRIDGE1.DEV is added to an unexpected location, such as the end
of and existing CONFIG.SYS command.
The Brooklyn Bridge installation program does not give the user a
choice to update the CONFIG.SYS file - it is done automatically.
However, Brooklyn Bridge does create a backup CONFIG.SYS file called
NOTE: This problem may apply to other versions of Brooklyn Bridge;
Microsoft has confirmed this with Brooklyn Bridge version 3.5 only.
The product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: