You have a SCSI Hard Disk Drive and MemMaker Hangs (96204)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q96204
If you have an SCSI hard disk and MemMaker stops responding (hangs), a
device driver may be loading into upper memory before the SMARTDrive
double_buffer driver in the CONFIG.SYS file.
To work around this problem,
• Restart your computer (if you haven't already done so).
• When MemMaker prompts you for input, choose Cancel And Undo Changes.
• Use MS-DOS Editor to add the following line to the beginning of
your CONFIG.SYS file:
NOTE: If this line already appears in your CONFIG.SYS file, make
sure it is the first line.
• Save your CONFIG.SYS file.
• Try running MemMaker again.
If this does not correct the problem refer to Chapter 6 of the
"Microsoft MS-DOS 6 User's Guide" for information about
For more information about SMARTDrive and the double_buffer driver, query
on the following words in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
smartdrive and double_buffer
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: