Stacker Err Msg: WARNING: Unrecognized Load High... (96331)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q96331
After you upgrade to MS-DOS 6.x, you may receive the following message if
you are using Stacker:
WARNING: Unrecognized load high method. Unable to verify driver fit
The driver loads successfully, but you must press a key to continue.
This message occurs if you use a DEVICEHIGH= command for the Stacker device
drivers in your CONFIG.SYS file. It does not occur if you use a DEVICE=
To work around this problem, ensure the command for SETVER.EXE is located
above the Stacker device drivers in the CONFIG.SYS file. To do this,
SETVER.EXE must be located on the uncompressed Stacker partition.
• Copy SETVER.EXE to the uncompressed drive. For example, if your
compressed drive is C and the swap drive is D, copy SETVER.EXE to
drive D as follows:
copy c:\dos\setver.exe d:\
• Put the following SETVER.EXE statement at the top of your
• Restart your computer.
The product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: