MemMaker Cannot Continue if NewWave Is in Your AUTOEXEC.BAT (96700)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q96700
If NewWave is in your AUTEOXEC.BAT file when you run MemMaker, MemMaker
cannot continue if you quit NewWave.
To work around this problem, either add NewWave to the MEMMAKER.INF
file or remark out NewWave when you run MemMaker.
To add NewWave to the MEMMAKER.INF file:
• Edit the MEMMAKER.INF file with an ASCII text editor, such as
• Add NewWave to the end of the MEMMAKER.INI with an asterisk (*)
before the program name. For example:
To remark out NewWave when you run MemMaker:
• In your AUTOEXEC.BAT file, use the REM command to remark out
NewWave. The line should appear as follows:
• Restart your computer by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL.
• Run MemMaker.
• When MemMaker has completed, remove the REM command from your
AUTOEXEC.BAT file so that NewWave can load again.
• Restart your computer.
NewWave is manufactured by Hewlett-Packard Company, a vendor
independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise,
regarding this product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: