MemMaker Error: MEMMAKER cannot continue: Your computer's... (97026)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q97026
When you start MS-DOS MemMaker you may receive the following error message:
MemMaker cannot continue: Your computer's startup drive is
write-protected, or its drive letter is being used by a network
drive. Exit Memmaker and remove the write protection
or disconnect from the network drive. Then, restart MemMaker.
This error occurs because of one of the following conditions:
• The SET TMP and / or SET TEMP statements in the AUTOEXEC.BAT
file point to an invalid directory name.
• A file exists in the hard disk's root directory that has the
same name as the directory specified in the TMP or TEMP
• There are 512 files in the root directory.
To solve the problem, change the SET TMP= and / or SET TEMP= variables
in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file to point to a valid directory, or rename a
file in your hard disk's root directory, or delete/move some of the
files in the root directory.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: