Installing MS-DOS Upgrade on a Quantum Hardcard (Plus Dev.) (97104)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q97104
When you install MS-DOS Upgrade on a system with Quantum Corporation's
Hardcard Plus, the installation seems to complete normally, but the hard
card may be inaccessible after you restart the computer.
MS-DOS cannot see the Hardcard Plus drive unless ATPLUS.COM is loaded. If
you run Fdisk and you do not have ATPLUS installed, you receive the
following error message:
If you continue, Fdisk allows you to switch to drive 2 and put a partition
on it, but this partition cannot be recognized after you restart the
To work around this problem, use version 3.0 or later of the ATPLUS.COM
ATPLUS.COM can be downloaded from Quantum's bulletin board service (BBS).
To install the new version of ATPLUS.COM, do the following:
• Create a bootable MS-DOS 6.0 or 6.2 floppy disk with one of the
sys c: a:
format a: /s
• Copy ATPLUS.COM to the floppy disk.
• With the floppy disk in drive A, restart your computer.
• Run ATPLUS.COM by typing "atplus" (without the quotation marks) at
the MS-DOS command prompt and then pressing ENTER. This causes ATPLUS
to patch the operating system files on the floppy disk.
• Use the SYS command to transfer the patched operating system files
from the A drive to your C drive. For example:
• Restart your computer.
Hardcard Plus is manufactured by Quantum Corporation, a vendor independent
of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: