Cannot Resize Microsoft Backup for Windows (97603)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
• Microsoft Windows 3.1
• Microsoft Windows 3.11
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.11
This article was previously published under Q97603
You are unable to resize Microsoft Backup for Windows or other Windows-
based applications. The complete contents of the window may not be visible
when it is maximized; part of the interface may be truncated.
The Helv= setting in the [FontSubstitutes] section of the WIN.INI file
has been modified or the MS Sans Serif font is not installed.
To correct this problem, do the following:
• Edit the WIN.INI file and change the Helv= setting in the
[FontSubstitutes] section so that it matches the following:
• Ensure "MS Sans Serif=Arial" in not in the WIN.INI file.
• Check the [fonts] section in WIN.INI file to make sure it
has the correct entry. For example, if you are using the
VGA video driver, the entry should read as follows:
MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24 (VGA res)=SSERIFE.FON
• If the MS Sans Serif font is not installed, choose the Font
icon in Control Panel to install it.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: