Running Apex II Sketching Program from a DoubleSpace Volume (97605)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q97605
This information applies to both Microsoft DoubleSpace and Microsoft
DriveSpace. For MS-DOS 6.22, use DRVSPACE in place of DBLSPACE for commands
When you run Apex II Sketching Program after installing DoubleSpace,
the program demonstration may run instead of the full program.
According to Apex technical support, a batch file is used to run the
Apex II Sketching Program instead of the demonstration. The copy
protection scheme used by Apex makes it necessary to launch the
program with a batch file if you are using DoubleSpace.
To work around this problem, create an APEX.BAT file and edit the
LICENSE.BAT file. To do this:
• Determine the host drive for the compressed drive that contains the
Apex software. To do this, type DBLSPACE /LIST at the MS-DOS command prompt and then press ENTER.
NOTE: Steps 2, 3, and 4 assume the host drive is H.
• Change to the DoubleSpace-compressed drive that contains the Apex
software. For example, type C: at
the MS-DOS command prompt and press ENTER.
• Change to the Apex directory, delete the MOVE.COM file, and copy
the LICENSE.EXE file. To do this, type the following at the MS-DOS
command prompt (press ENTER after each line):
copy license.exe h:\license1.exe
• Use MS-DOS Editor to create a batch file named APEX.BAT in the Apex
directory with these entries:
• Using MS-DOS Editor, edit the LICENSE.BAT file so it reads as
NOTE: The period (.) and asterisk (*) are important on the COPY
You can now run the Apex II Sketching Program by typing apex
at the MS-DOS command prompt.
The Apex product included here is manufactured by a vendor independent
of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding
this product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: