MemMaker Hangs When Used with SuperStor Pro (97739)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q97739
When you run MemMaker on a computer running SuperStor Pro, the system
may provide an error messages about an illegal read to a device and
then prompt you with an "Abort, Retry, Fail?" message, or you may
receive the "Bad or missing command interpreter" error message.
To prevent this problem, add *SSTORDRV and *DEVSWAP to the
If you have already run MemMaker and your machine stops responding
(hangs) at the "Abort, Retry, Fail?" prompt, do the following:
• Restart your computer.
• Type memmaker /undo at the MS-DOS
command prompt and then press ENTER.
• Edit your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files with MS-DOS Editor. If
MemMaker was unable to undo its changes, remove the MemMaker commands
(such as CHKSTATE.SYS, SIZER.EXE, and MEMMAKER.EXE /SESSION) and save
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: