Microsoft Anti-Virus Err Msg: File <Filename> Was Changed (97808)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q97808
You may receive the following message when you run Microsoft Anti-Virus:
File <filename> was changed
This message occurs if either of the following conditions exist:
• You upgraded from a beta version of MS-DOS Upgrade to a later or final
• You ran Central Point Anti-Virus before upgrading to MS-DOS
6.x and Microsoft Anti-Virus.
To work around this problem, do the following:
• Delete the CHKLIST.MS or CHKLIST.CPS file from the DOS directory.
• Run Microsoft Anti-Virus (MSAV.EXE) or Microsoft Anti-Virus for
• Delete all CHECKSUM files. If you are running the MS-DOS-based
version, press the F7 key. If you are running the Windows-based
version, choose Delete CHKLIST Files from the Scan menu.
• Scan your drive(s) to create new CHECKSUM files.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: