Windows Err Msg: LPT2 Is Not Present... (Interlnk) (98541)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
• Microsoft Windows 3.1
• Microsoft Windows 3.11
This article was previously published under Q98541
In addition to providing remote access to another computer's drives,
Interlnk allows you to use printers on the server computer by redirecting
output from an unused LPT port on the client machine to the server.
If you attempt to print to a redirected LPT port from within Windows
3.1, the client computer may display the following error message:
Windows attempts to write the data directly to the LPT2 port,
bypassing MS-DOS and Interlnk. Using MS-DOS to print permits the
Interlnk client to redirect LPT2 output and allow the Interlnk server
to receive and print the job on the server's parallel port.
To allow Interlnk to capture print jobs from Windows, do the
• In Control Panel, choose Printers.
• Choose Connect, clear the Fast Printing Direct To Port check
box, then choose OK.
• Choose Close and then quit Control Panel.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: