System Hangs (and Other Problems) with I82593.DOS Loaded High (98987)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
• Microsoft Windows for Workgroups 3.1
This article was previously published under Q98987
The Zenith Data System Z-Note portable computer Windows for Workgroups
device driver, I82593.DOS, does not work correctly with MS-DOS 6.x if it is
loaded in upper memory.
The following problems may occur if you load I82593.DOS high:
• You may receive a critical error from Novell NetWare. (Your system may
stop responding [hang].)
• Your system may return to the MS-DOS command prompt when you try to
• Your computer may reboot spontaneously.
• Your computer may hang.
To work around this problem, add *I82593 to the MEMMAKER.INF file and then run MemMaker. This prevents
MemMaker from loading I82593.DOS high.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: