Undelete for Windows Hangs When Checking Root Directory (99007)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q99007
Microsoft Undelete for Windows may appear to stop responding (hang)
when checking the root directory for files that cannot be deleted.
This problem occurs when Undelete for Windows has difficulty reading a
PCTRACK.DEL file created by an older version of PC Tools by Central
To work around this problem, delete the old PCTRACKR.DEL file. To
search for old PCTRACK.DEL files, do the following:
• Run Windows File Manager and choose By File Type from the View
• Select Include Hidden/System Files and then choose OK.
• From the File menu, choose Search.
• Search for <drive>:\PCTRACK.DEL, where <drive> is the drive on
which Undelete for Windows is located.
• Delete all PCTRACK.DEL files.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: