Err Msg: Error Reading Partition Table with Stacker Disk (99449)
The information in this article applies to:
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.0
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.2
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.21
• Microsoft MS-DOS operating system 6.22
This article was previously published under Q99449
If you try to format a mounted STAC Electronics Stacker floppy disk using
the MS-DOS FORMAT command, one of the following error messages may appear:
• Error reading partition table. Format terminated.
• Extended error 21. Format terminated.
To work around this problem and format the disk, unmount the Stacker
floppy disk with the following steps:
• Unmount the Stacker floppy disk by typing exit at the MS-DOS command prompt.
NOTE: EXIT is a Stacker command that removes the Stacker terminate-
and-stay-resident (TSR) program responsible for automatically mounting
• Type format <x>: where <x> is the
floppy disk drive.
Stacker, is manufactured by STAC Electronics, a vendor independent of
Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this
product's performance or reliability.
| Modification Type:
|| Last Reviewed: